Updated, Tuesday, March 17 at 9:45 p.m.
Given the March 17 announcement below regarding how TXSEF is responding the ongoing spread of COVID-19, we will now accept registration payments through April 10 and no late fees will be assessed. If we must resort to cancelling TXSEF for any reason, all those who have paid registration fees will be refunded.
Updated, Tuesday, March 17 at 3:25 p.m.
Each day brings forth new challenges and considerations about how to best move forward with TXSEF in 2020. While we hope to host a virtual state fair, we will not advance students to the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair this year. The well-being of the students, their families and our judges is our primary concern. New details about how or whether TXSEF will be able to continue will be shared by 5 p.m. on April 10.
In the meantime, please note the following:
- The proposed uploads, deadlines and judging timelines we emailed and posted on March 11 are no longer valid
- We will continue to monitor the duration of school closures and how those closures may impact TXSEF
- The entire TXSEF team is working to take what was an entirely in-person competition entirely online. We appreciate your patience and ask that everyone refrain from calling or emailing the team until Monday, April 13, at which time we will be in a better position to answer questions.
Finally, we hope students will not worry about how TXSEF will proceed in 2020 but work together to actively prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Updated Friday, March 13 at 7:30 p.m.
With the national emergency declared today, we know many are wondering how that may further impact TXSEF. Our team will meet again early next week and will keep you informed of any adjustments to our already amended plans. Thank you for your patience as we all navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
Updated Wednesday, March 11 at 9:45 a.m.
Faced with the ongoing spread of COVID-19, Texas A&M Engineering is doing what engineers do best — finding a solution to a current problem. We want to keep participants safe while also honoring their hard work and providing an opportunity to advance to the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair.
TXSEF is GOING ONLINE for 2020.
Rather than requiring 1,200 participants (and their families) to travel to Texas A&M, TXSEF participants will receive an email by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17 with a web link and additional instructions on how to:
- Upload a pdf of their final, state-approved abstract and additional forms (form 1C and form 7)
- Upload a high-resolution photo of their presentation board
- Complete a questionnaire
(All uploads must be made and questionnaires completed by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 23. No late submissions will be accepted.)
Please note: This means there will be no student events on the Texas A&M campus. Night at the ZACH and the Awards Ceremony are cancelled.
The online TXSEF will be conducted in the following manner:
- Category judges will evaluate and score the participants’ online submissions March 25-26.
- Students advancing to round two will be notified by 7 p.m. on Friday, March 27 by email. Those advancing to round two will also be posted on the TXSEF Facebook page and on this web site.
- Round two and blue ribbon judging will take place virtually on Saturday, March 28.
- Senior division finalists advancing to the blue ribbon judging will be notified between noon – 2 p.m. by email on March 28 and will be expected to be available for an interview via Zoom between 2 – 5 p.m. on March 28
Below are tips for a successful Zoom interview:
- Download Zoom to your phone or computer
- Plan to be interviewed in a quiet room or area
- Speak up and speak clearly
- Dress professionally
- Be aware that the interview will last only 10 minutes
Junior division finalists who advance to blue ribbon judging will be posted on the TXSEF Facebook page and at txsef.tamu.edu. There will be NO ZOOM INTERVIEW for the junior division.
We anticipate a video announcement of the 2020 award winners on the TXSEF Facebook page and on this web site in early April.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 919-0951.