For the wellbeing of students, families and judges, TXSEF will be virtual in 2021. Volunteers will be able to judge TXSEF projects online over several days from the comfort and safety of their own homes.
Category Judge Qualifications
Criteria for Senior Division Judges: in pursuit of a master’s degree or higher or at least five years experience in a science and/or engineering field.
Criteria for Junior Division Judges: in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree or higher. In lieu of a degree, judges may have at least three years experience in a science and/or engineering field or four years work experience in a physical or life science field.
Sessions are available February 9 through March 9:
- Sundays and Wednesdays | 4 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays | 11:30 a.m. – Noon | 6:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Category Judges are responsible for reviewing projects as well as providing encouragement and constructive criticism; your opinions are highly valued by these students. We expect over 700 students participating in 21 categories.
Judging takes place in two age groups:
- Junior level (middle school students)
- Senior level (high school students)
There also are two project types:
- Individual (completed by a single student)
- Team (completed by a team of students)
The deadline to register as a Judge is March 11, 2021.