Avoiding Display & Safety Violations
- Only the Official Embossed/Stamped Abstract may be displayed and must be displayed vertically. Any other summary of the research must be labeled “Discussion” or “Summary.”
- Display the following forms vertically:
a. Form 1C if a research institution was used
b. Form 7 if it is a continuation project
- All pictures, graphs, data tables/charts must be credited. A single credit stating “All Visual Graphics/Photos by Student” is sufficient.
- No logos or acknowledgments are allowed on the display.
- Photos of animals and/or human subjects must be in natural surroundings. No lab/surgical procedures of either are allowed.
- Photographs of anyone other than the finalist require a completed photo consent form.
- Any photo/graphic taken from a source requires a URL or appropriate credit, including images in background.
- Project must not exceed allowed dimensions:
a. Depth (front to back): 30 inches
b. Width (side to side): 48 inches
c. Height (floor to top) 108 inches
The Display and Safety Team will review each project after they have passed the Science Review Committee and are set up. Display and Safety officials determine whether project displays contain all the required paperwork and refrain from using any extra items. Officials also ensure there are no unsafe components. Each project must pass inspection before judging is allowed. TXSEF will be enforcing ISEF rules and guidelines.
- Living organisms including plants
- Taxidermy specimens or parts
- Preserved vertebrate or invertebrate animals
- Human or animal food
- Human/animal parts or body fluids
- Plant materials that are in their raw, unprocessed or non-manufactured state
- All chemicals including water
- All hazardous substances or devices
- Dry ice or other sublimating solids
- Sharp items
- Flames or highly flammable materials
- Batteries with open-top cells
- Awards, medals, business cards, flags, logos, endorsements and /or acknowledgements
- Photographs or other visual presentations depicting vertebrate animals in surgical techniques, dissections, necropsies, or other lab procedures
- Active internet or e-mail connections as part of displaying or operating the project
- Prior years’ written material or visual depictions on the vertical display board
- Glass or glass objects unless deemed by the Display and Safety Team to be an integral and necessary part of the project
- Any apparatus deemed unsafe by the SRC or Display and Safety
Electrical power will not be provided by the state fair at the project table. Instead, a charging station will be made available at the Display and Safety booth.