Stage 1: Advancing Finalists from Regional to State – REGIONAL FAIR DIRECTORS
- Regional Fair Directors advance finalists in Scienteer no later than March 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (CST).
Stage 2: Confirming Information – FINALISTS
- TXSEF finalists are responsible for the following:
- Making needed changes to the information and/or abstract in Scienteer within 24 hours after your regional fair director advances you to TXSEF. Once all information has been confirmed no changes are allowed.
- Every finalist MUST register to participate in TXSEF. Registration for student finalists begins after students have confirmed information in Scienteer. The last screen in Scienteer will have a red/orange button for finalists to click to be directed to TXSEF registration (see photo below). A parent/legal guardian will need to assist finalists in completing the medical waiver during registration.
- All finalists MUST complete the TXSEF registration — including all project submissions — to participate in TXSEF; no exceptions will be allowed. Finalists will NOT be allowed to participate if registration is not completed by March 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (CST). Failure to register will disqualify participation in the 2022 TXSEF.
Stage 3: SRC Approval – FINALISTS
- Finalists should check their Scienteer account daily until approval from the SRC is received. The final SRC approval deadline is 5:00 p.m. (CST) on March 1, 2022; however, finalists waiting until the last minute risk not being approved before the deadline resulting in TXSEF disqualification.
Stage 4: Invoicing and Payments – FINALISTS AND FINANCIAL RESPONSIBLE PARTY
- Each finalist must pay a $35.00 participation fee.
- Finalists, teachers, regional, directors, parents and guardians must determine who is paying the $35.00 participation fee per student.
- TXSEF participants who select self-pay will submit the $35.00 registration fee online with a credit card immediately at the end of registration.
- TXSEF participants who select that their school and/or district will be paying their $35.00 participation fee must submit their registration. After spring break TXSEF will work with Regional Directors to determine the correct responsible party. TXSEF will then reach out to the school contact with instructions to collect the registration fee. School payments will only be accepted from April 4-15, 2022.
Registration for student finalists begins after students have confirmed information in Scienteer. The last screen in Scienteer will have red/orange button that finalists will need to click to be directed to the TXSEF registration.