Stage 1: Advancing Finalists from Regional to State – REGIONAL FAIR DIRECTORS
- Regional Fair Directors advance finalists from regionals in Scienteer.
- Regional fairs held before February 23, 2020 have 1 to 2 weeks to complete TXSEF finalist advancement in Scienteer.
- Regional fairs held after February 23, 2020 must advance their finalists in Scienteer no later than March 8, 2020.
Stage 2: Confirming Information – FINALISTS
- TXSEF finalists will be responsible for the following:
- Make needed changes to the information and/or abstract in Scienteer. Once all information has been confirmed by the finalist no changes are allowed.
- Every finalist MUST register to participate in TXSEF. Registration for student finalists begins after students have confirmed information in Scienteer. The last screen in Scienteer will have red/orange button that finalists will need to click to be directed to the TXSEF registration.(see photo below) A parent/legal guardian will need to assist finalists in completing the medical waiver during registration.
- Deadline to update and complete information in Scienteer is March 11, 2020.
- All finalists MUST complete the TXSEF registration to participate in the state fair; no exceptions will be allowed. Finalists will NOT be allowed to participate if registration is not completed by March 16, 2020. Failure to do so will disqualify finalist participation in the 2020 Texas Science & Engineering Fair.
Stage 3: SRC Approval – FINALISTS
- Finalists will receive approval from the SRC by 5:00 p.m. on March 13, 2020.
- If a finalist fails to receive approval from the SRC, they will need to receive approval in person on March 27, 2020 after checking in at TXSEF.
Stage 4: Invoicing and Payments – FINALISTS AND FINANCIAL RESPONSIBLE PARTY
- Finalists will NOT be prompted to pay during initial registration, but will be issued a $50 invoice per finalist. There will be a payment link in the email confirmation after registering that will allow parents/finalists to pay directly by credit card (if they are not being paid for by a school). No refunds will be given; please check with your school prior to making a payment.
- Finalists/Teachers/Regional Directors/Parents will need to determine who is paying the finalist(s) participation fee so TXSEF can send out payment links and instructions to the appropriate party. This information will need to be sent to email@example.com. Please reference the TXSEF website for further payment instructions.
- Any district, school or regional fair paying on behalf of finalist(s) will need to contact TXSEF at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free (855) 919-0951 to receive payment instructions specifically for groups.
- Update: due to the fluidity of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, payments will be accepted through April 10 and no late fees will be assessed.
- Emails will be sent on a bi-weekly basis (Tuesdays and Fridays) to Finalists/Teachers/Regional Directors/Parents for any outstanding payments with payment instructions for both individual and group payments.
- Update: All payments made by districts/schools must be received in hand by April 10, 2020. No exceptions.
Registration for student finalists begins after students have confirmed information in Scienteer. The last screen in Scienteer will have red/orange button that finalists will need to click to be directed to the TXSEF registration.